Thursday, December 21, 2006

Russian Tea Cakes



This was one of the goodies that I sent to my BBM pal at Gastronomicon
I tasted quite a few, for quality assurance reasons of course :) and I have to say that these are very good! I got the recipe from Betty Crocker . I took one of their suggestions and added some coconut to it, which I really enjoyed since I'm a coconut fan! I hope my BBM pal did too!!

Russian Tea Cakes
From Betty Crocker
Ingredients:
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 teaspoon salt
Powdered sugar for dusting

Directions:
1.Heat oven to 400ºF.
2.Mix butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla in large bowl. Stir in flour, nuts and salt until dough holds together.
3.Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
4.Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool slightly on wire rack.
5.Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar; cool on wire rack. Roll in powdered sugar again.

Here's another item that I sent to my BBM pal, which doesn't really have a recipe because well, the name, Chocolate Dipped Pretzels with Sprinkles, pretty much says it all :

No comments: