Monday, November 13, 2006
Here's a great fall treat! I used the recipe found here only when I started making it, I realized that my pan's larger than the requested 15 by 10 inch. Mine is a 17.5 by 12 inch jelly roll sheet (where did I get such a strange sized sheet anywa?) so I took the recipe and scaled it to fit my pan. After scaling, I rounded a bit to make the measurements easier. The results are fairly good, so I guess the bigger pan size didn't affect it too much. The below are my adaptations:
Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling:
Adapted from Allrecipes
1-1/3 cups sugar
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
For the Filling:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F .
2. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in white sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Add pumpkin and lemon juice.
3. In another bowl sift flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Fold into the pumpkin mixture.
4. Line a 17.5 by 12 inch baking pan with waxed paper. Grease and flour the paper. Spread batter into pan and sprinkle with walnuts.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
6 Immediately turn out onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in the towel. Cool on wire rack.
To prepare the filling:
Use mixture to beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake and remove towel. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake and reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.